Interactive Facilitation for Impact Programme
Proposal : Interactive Facilitation for Impact Programme
AIMS OF INTERVENTION:
Interactive facilitation is a set of skills and competencies that enable participants to design and deliver high-impact workshops utilising participatory and experiential techniques. The Interactive Facilitation for Impact programme is an intensive and interactive 3-day programme. It is underpinned by a unique, but tried and tested Interactive Facilitation Architecture. The learning on the programme will enable you to design and deliver workshops in any of the following areas:
- Organisational Development
- Strategy Making
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Mediation
- Futuring and Scenario Building
- Product development
- Needs Analysis
- Disruption and Innovation
Who will benefit from this programme?
- Strategy Managers
- Training Managers
- Human Resources Managers
- Learning and Development Professionals
- Strategic Development Professionals
- Organisational Development Practitioners
- Change Management Specialists
- Human Resources Practitioners
- Product Development
- Design Professionals
- Conflict and Mediation Specialists
- Problem Solving Specialists
- Management Consultants
Although rooted in the science of group dynamics, facilitation, and whole systems change, the programme is very practical and application focussed. There will be ample opportunity to practice the tools and techniques. During the programme you will be expected to design a half-day workshop for your organisation by applying the architecture and drawing on knowledge and the myriad of facilitation techniques you will have been exposed to. In addition, you will be required to facilitate a part of your workshop design live. You will be provided with immediate feedback, constructive critique and tips for improving your interactive facilitation competencies
The Programme Leader is Dr Shamim Bodhanya, who is recognised internationally as an expert in systems thinking and complex adaptive systems. He has over 14 years’ industrial experience followed by 16 years of academic, consulting, and training expertise. Shamim has engaged in group facilitation for more than 20 years. He is the Editor of Large Scale Systemic Change: Theories, Modelling and Practices, published by Nova Science in 2016.
On completion of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the foundational principles of interactive facilitation
- Design interactive workshops in the 11 application areas listed above
- Design interactive workshops that align with the critical dimensions of the architecture such as Mode, Group Attributes, Facilitator Presence, Spatial Principles, Facilitator Attributes, Interaction Type etc.
- Understand the importance of a conceptual toolbox for interactive facilitation
- Build an effective physical toolbox for interactive facilitation
- Deal with dominant people in a workshop setting
- Engage quiet people in a workshop setting
- Design and deliver engaging, high impact workshops
- Apply a variety of facilitation techniques and tools such as:
- Icebreakers, Energisers, Closers
- Dialogic Processes
- Improv Techniques
- Conceptual Frameworks
- Games and Simulations
There will be post-programme support where the Programme Leader will provide expert support for participants’ interactive workshop design for actual implementation back in the workplace.
DURATION: 2-3 days.
VENUE: Will be determined by the company (preferably off-site).
EQUIPMENT: Flipcharts, koki’s, data projector and sound will have to be provided at the venue.
The above price includes:
- Pre-workshop consultation with HR/Management (1 hr.)
- Facilitation including teambuilding with a team effectiveness consultant
The above price excludes:
- Provision of training venue
- Cost of travel and accommodation for facilitators (where required)
Project Manager: Dr. Shamim Bodhanya
Contact: Rodney Frank 082 334 6403